Friday, January 21, 2011

mooBlog 21-1-2011: tiny little flakes of white paint

I really can't wait to get back to Melbourne. It's not that I don't like spending time with my family, I just love that city. There's always something to do. Particularly though, I miss the activism and the fight against bigotry. 


I miss being able to say that I'll go to things like this http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=135069296555278


I miss having my friends around, staying up late talking about whatever, and whoever. 


I miss being able to catch up with someone after months, just on whim, simply for a coffee or a beer.


I miss walking through the parks, the lane-ways and the malls. I miss the anonymity of the masses, the solitude of public transport. I miss the secrecy of below-ground bars, second story pubs and hidden alley entrances.


I miss simply falling asleep somewhere that isn't my bed, particularly the State Library lawns.


I miss the metropolis, it's beauty and ugliness simultaneously. For in it I see me, my flaws are a reflection of my city's. 

1 comment:

Ally said...

You make me want to go to Melbourne!