Monday, September 6, 2010

mooBlog 6-9-2010: Midnight Snack

Tonight I'm at my computer even though I went to bed over two hours ago. My mind (and stomach) got the better of me, and I rose from the warmths of my bedsheets to converse with a computer keyboard. If only it would answer back, then perhaps I wouldn't feel so alone.

It's interesting how quickly life's highs turn themselves on their heads. I always presumed my morals and ethics would be the last thing that anyone would find unattractive. I guess it all comes down to delivery. How could I explain that I am compassionate, when clearly I reacted like the bigots whom I claim deserve nothing but indifference. Perhaps I wasn't prepared and was simply caught off guard. How then, now, can I make them understand that when I apologize I actually mean it. Do I come off as someone who doesn't understand what sincerity is? Once again, I thought that my sincere and sensitive traits would never be my weak characteristics.

But I love her, so I continue to apologize. Sometimes I might miss the mark a little... I'm only a man, and a stubborn one at that. In that regard, however, know that I won't back away from love. I know that it's turning into an uphill battle. I dropped my shield a long time ago, so you must realize how unbelievably scared I am. I'm not gonna give in.


"Eam amo quod consistere nescio"

No comments: